IJK Concludes Successful Run

The Fifth International Jewellery Kobe (IJK 2001), which took place May 17-19 at Kobe International Exhibition Hall in Kobe, Japan, drew a record 403 exhibitors from 22 countries. A total of 13,341 buyers were registered over the three-day period, and more than 90% of exhibitors reported stronger sales than they had the previous year. The fair is organized by Reed Exhibitions Japan Ltd.

Kobe is a world pearl center, and about 40% of IJK’s exhibitors were pearl or pearl jewelry suppliers. The majority of the remaining 60% of IJK exhibitors were fine jewelry manufacturers and gemstone suppliers. Exhibitors also included machine tools and parts and packaging materials suppliers as well as independent jewelry designers. Exhibitors came from Italy, Germany, France, Israel, the United States, Poland, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand, India, and other countries.