The 32nd World Diamond Congress, to be held in Tel Aviv from June 26-28, will include the largest auction of diamonds, precious gems, and jewelry ever to take place in Israel. Organized by Tzoffey’s, an Israel-based auction house to the diamond and jewelry trade, the event will offer up to 450 rare items, with a total value of up to $50 million.
The auction will take place at the conclusion of the Congress on June 28 at the Tel Aviv Hilton at 6:00 pm. Items can be viewed at the Hilton beginning June 26.
Invitations have already gone out to Tzoffey clients, which include some of the world’s leading dealers. Tzoffey-owner Avner Sofiov, who is also a former president of the Israel Precious Stones and Diamonds Exchange, expects a turnout of at least 600. In addition, the auction will be open to delegates to the World Diamond Congress and to members of the local diamond and jewelry business community and private buyers.
Items to be auctioned include:
* A 5-ct., vivid-orange, pear-shaped diamond.
* A set of ten pear-shaped D color flawless diamonds totaling 22.5 cts.
* A pair of rare emerald and diamond earrings set with two emerald drops weighing 61.8 cts., and diamonds weighing over 10 cts.
* A diamond pendant, set with colored and white diamonds weighing 41.8 cts.
* An emerald-cut diamond weighing 13.16 cts
* A sapphire and diamond bird-shaped brooch, set with a blue sapphire weighing 43.4 cts. and with diamonds weighing over 35 cts.
Sofiov said that the items being offered come from several private collections and from traders in Israel and around the world.
Last-minute goods will be sold in a “silent auction.” They will be on display but will not be part of the full-color catalogue. The winning bids will be published on a computer screen 15 minutes before the start of the public auction.Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine