The Women’s Jewelry Association San Diego chapter announced Nov.
29 its holiday party will be at the San Diego Museum of Natural History on Dec.
The event includes a cocktail party and private tour of the
“All that Glitters: The Splendor and Science of Gems and Minerals” exhibit,
which will be led by the exhibit’s curator, Elise Misiorowski.
Some of the items on display include:
- Gem specimens from around the world, and jewelry by famous
- Never-before-seen collection of 12 butterfly brooches set
with rare gems
- Displays of pearls, jet, ivory, coral, and amber
- Gem carvings and jewelry with natural history themes
- Crystal specimens of tourmaline from mines in San Diego
- Balboa Park Carousel Egg, a bejeweled miniature replica of
the park’s carousel
- Aurora Butterfly of Peace, a collection of rare colored
diamonds formed into a symmetrical butterfly
- Flor de Lise, a crystal that is regarded as one of the
world’s most magnificent rubellite specimens
The party will be from 6 to 8 p.m. on Dec. 8 and will
include a heavy hors d’oeuvres and a cash bar. The cost is $45 for WJA members,
$50 for non-members. The ticket fee will include the private tour, the
reception, and one drink ticket.
To register, click here.Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine