In yet another sign of a changing industry, the Women’s Jewelry Association’s nominees
for its Awards for Excellence includes, for the first time, a category for “non-traditional” retailers.
The non-traditional category includes nominations for Diane Irvine, CEO of Blue Nile; Robin Holder, vice president of brand management for Rue La La; and Susan Engel, CEO of Portero.
Also included among the 33 nominees are industry vice president at JCK Events
Yancy Weinrich and JCK senior editor Jennifer Heebner.
The nominees and award recipients will be recognized at the association’s annual gala on Monday, July 25 at Chelsea Piers, Pier 60 in New York City.
The full list:
- Design –
Fine Jewelry & Watches
- Maeve Gillies, MaeVona
- Coomi Bhasin, COOMI
- Katey Brunini Marotta, K.
- Lorraine Schwartz, Lorraine Schwartz
of Fine Jewelry/Gemstones/Metals/ Watches
- Joanne Slawitsky, Kassoy
- Killian Reider, Camilla
- Nancy Kelly, Old World Chain
- Lita Asscher, Royal Asscher Diamond Co.
Stores or More
- Marta Nowakowski, Saks Fifth Avenue
- Pam Mortensen, JCPenney
- Debbie K. Sloane, Cartier North America
than 15 Stores
- Olivia Cornell, Cornell’s Jewelers
- Abby Hutanen, Bergdorf Goodman
- Jennifer McCullough, Smyth Jewelers
- Maria Piano, Shreve & Co.
- Diane Irvine, Blue Nile
- Susan Engel, Portero Luxury
- Robin Holder, Rue La La
- Linda Babio, Technomarine
- Shannon Daly, Robbins Brothers
- Nessi Erkmenoglu, Harper’s Bazaar
- Dawn McGuire, Sterling
- Caryl Capeci, Hearts On Fire
- Dana Singer, SNAG
- Michelle Orman, Last Word Communications
- Shaye Strager, Studio PR
- Jennifer Heebner, JCK Magazine
- Virginia Halevi, Jewelry.com
- Amy P. Wilkins, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia
- Yancy Weinrich, JCK Events
- Kristie Nicolosi, The Kingswood Company
- Regina Leadem, GE Money
To receive the
latest jewelry news and blogs every day in your inbox, subscribe to JCK’s