Jewelers of America announced the winners of the CASE Awards. The national retail design competition was held at the JA New York winter show Feb. 27–March 1.
The response from JA members resulted in the highest levels of participation in recent JA history with more than 50 jewelry entries.
“We were thrilled with the increase in submissions for the 2011 CASE Awards, as it more comprehensively reflected the remarkable jewelry available from JA member stores nationwide,” JA COO Robert Headley said in a statement.
The 2011 first place CASE winners are:
- Stephen Spicer of Spicer and Co. in Cookville, Tenn., for women’s jewelry under $2,000.
- Jennifer Whitekiller of Naifeh Fine Jewelry in Oklahoma City for women’s jewelry, $2,000–$5,000.
- Ziad H. Noshie of Almaza Jewelers in Houston for women’s jewelry over $5,000.
- Chris Ahee of Edmund T. Ahee Jewelers in Groose Pointe Woods, Mich., for men’s jewelry and buyers’ choice.
- Elizabeth Buenaventura of Martin Kirschenbaum Inc. in New York City for silver jewelry.
- Dennis deJonghe of deJonghe Original Jewelry in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., for alternative materials jewelry and buyers’ choice.
Photos courtesy of Jewelers of America
Don’t miss a story! Subscribe to JCK’s e-newsletter here.Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine