Building upon the “Glow with Gold” advertising campaign launched in 2001, the World Gold Council, New York, will debut new sales support materials at The JCK Show ~ Las Vegas, May 31-June 4. John Calnon, vice president, Jewelry-Americas for the Council, announced the launch.
“We’re delighted to offer jewelers these newly developed sales tools to help them capture more of the growing fine gold jewelry market,” said Calnon. “These materials can be used to educate staff and as sales tools with consumers and will assist retailers in increasing their fine gold jewelry sales.”
The new materials include:
* A consumer-oriented brochure, “The New Gold,” presents gold jewelry as a sensual and subtle jewelry accessory and explains all about fine gold jewelry, including karatage, colors, and finishes. This brochure also can be used as a training tool for sales staff.
* A sales training CD-ROM, “The Insider’s Guide to Selling Gold: From Basics to Beyond,” covers gold’s history, what constitutes real gold, popular items in gold jewelry, finishes, craftsmanship, care of gold jewelry, and sales tips.
* The Council’s new “goldmark” logo blocks for in-case usage.
* New photography captured in Duratrans for use in retail environments.
* “14 Karat Gold” and “18 Karat Gold” in-case signage to identify karat gold jewelry.
The new items may be purchased individually or as a package. In addition to viewing samples of the new items at the show, jewelers may pick up a sales support order form for easy ordering from the Council.
“[The materials] build on the presence and influence of our national advertising campaign as well as the increasing popularity of gold jewelry in fashion magazines,” Calnon said. “It’s one more way to build your business out of gold.”
For more information, contact the World Gold Council at (212) 317-3800 or visit the WGC booth at The JCK Show ~ Las Vegas (Booth # 13033 on the main level of the Sands Exhibition Center).