Guess what: Thin is in. That’s news? For watches it is! The ladylike aesthetics for fashion right now demand daintier proportions in wrist-wear. The look modernizes when coupled with a (respectively) large face. High time, I say, after the protracted period of watch bands going wide. If, like me, you fancy vintage or jewelry-inspired tickers, you’re right in the moment! Below, get the skinny:
Photo via svmomblog.typepad.com
- Cartier’s Love watches put the screws in a classic, available in yellow, white, or pink 18k; the version with 18 round-cut diamonds is also available at Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman.
Cartier’s Love watch
Photo via NeimanMarcus.com
- Coach is on trend with color in its multi striped Madison Legacy watch, while the monochrome Heritage strap springs with green, pink, or black plus sporty white stitching.
Coach’s Madison Legacy watch
Coach’s Heritage watch
Photos via Coach.com
- Piaget’s Possession lives up to its name, plus has a large selection of satin bands and a diamond circling the watch face’s arabesque numerals. The Magic Hour watch from the Limelight collection rotates face orientation according to the wearer’s mood—traditional, east–west, or askew: Now that’s a woman’s watch!
Piaget’s Possession watch
Photo via Lussori.com
Piaget’s Limelight Magic Hour watch
Photo via Sybarites.org
- Hugo Boss’s stainless-steel bracelet watch from the Boss Orange collection, with parchment face, is inspired by vintage jewelry.
- Jaeger-LeCoultre’s black satin and white gold 1930’s revival of the Joaillerie 101 Etrier is deliciously deco.
- Juicy Couture’s charming Jane straps trim the fat in red, white, and black, or stainless steel; also at Bloomingdale’s.
Juicy Couture’s Jane watch, in red
Photo via JuicyCouture.com
- Carl F. Bucherer’s Alacria Fancy Diva Wildcat brings out the animal instinct in this exclusive limited edition (25).
Carl F. Bucherer’s Alacria Fancy Diva Wildcat
Photo via Carl-F-Bucherer.com
- Check out Burberry’s tank watch with signature Nova fabric, also at Bloomingdale’s, and the slim Baguette in white or tan.
Burberry’s tank watch
Photo via Bloomingdales.com
- Raymond Weil’s rectangular case Shines with its interchangeable bracelet system; new is Shine Jeans in chic denim.
Raymond Weil’s Shine
Photo via RaymondWeil.com
Related: Prada Pop Watch
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine