Susan Jacques, chief executive officer/president of Borsheims Fine Jewelry will kick off the fifth annual “Women in the Know Conference” with a keynote address titled, “From the Counter to the Corner Office.”
Jacques is one of the most recognized female retailers in the U.S. In her presentation, she will share her personal and professional journey over the past 25 years and will provide her own unique insight and philosophy that contributed to her great success.
The Women’s Jewelry Association annual one-day education conference will include several professional speakers, educational and motivational presentations, and networking opportunities with some of the most respected members in the jewelry, watch, and related industries. Presentations will focus in-depth on topics such as growing your business, advancing your career, communicating your way to success, negotiating effectively, and promoting your business.
The event will be held March 7 at the Fashion Institute of Technology, New York City, from 8:45 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. and are sponsored in part by Jewelers Mutual Insurance Company and Platinum Guild International.
“The ‘Women In The Know’ conference is designed to empower women within our industry and increase their drive for professional success,” said WJA president Yancy Weinrich, Industry vice president of Luxury by JCK.
In addition to Jacques, the conference’s general session will include:
* Gail Blenke, president and CEO of Lifedesigns, “Owning Your Power.”
* Debbie Goldstein, managing director of Triad Consulting, “Negotiating Effectively: How to Get What You Want Without Pounding the Table (or the Other Person!).”
* Bryan Dodge, president of Dodge Development Inc., “How to Build a Better You.”
Conference attendees will also benefit from the following breakout sessions:
* “Tips from the Trenches – How to Grow a Designer Business Faster and Smarter” led by Cindy Edelstein, president, Jewelers Resource Bureau
* “Maximizing Media Exposure: Preparing You and Your Business for Media Success” with Amanda Gizzi, associate director, Jewelry Information Center
* “Soul Proprietor: Lessons from a Lifestyle Entrepreneur” led by Jane Pollack, Certified Professional Co-Active Coach
* “How to Use Both Genders’ Strengths to Communicate Successfully and Lead a Team” presented by Bailey Beeken, group vice-president, National Jeweler Network
* “Marketing to the Three Faces of Luxury: Unlocking Sales to the Super Rich” with Douglas Gollan, editor-in-chief and co-founder of Elite Traveler
In celebration of WJA’s 25th Anniversary, an afternoon panel discussion will featuring four of WJA’s Hall of Fame Award recipients from the past 25 years. The panelists will share their professional and personal journeys to success. The panelists include Peggy Kirby, retired – vice president, Advertising & PR for Finlay Fine Jewelry and founding member of WJA; Katherine Kimmel, vice president and CMO of Gemological Institute of America; Laurie Hudson, co-founder & partner, Luxury Brand Group; Anna Martin, senior vice president & regional manager of ABN AMRO Intl., Diamond and Jewelry Group. Ann Arnold, chief financial officer/vice president for Lieberfarb, Inc. and former president of WJA, will moderate the panel.
“Early bird” pre-registration for the conference costs $195 for WJA members (prior to Feb. 29) and $220 for non-members and is available from the WJA Web site, or by calling WJA Headquarters at 708-361-6266.