Making its debut in the fall of 2002, the Southern Jewelry Travelers Association’s “SJTA U On the Road” traveling educational program received such a strong response from retailers that the association will expand the program for 2003.
Scheduled to run in late October and early November, the “holiday selling” program will bring industry experts to five Southern cities to share business building tips and strategies to help retailers prepare for the crucial holiday selling period.
Titled Holiday Selling: Fast, Fun and Fulfilling (for you and your customers), the four-hour programs offer exciting and innovative training sessions designed to help retailers maximize sales opportunities during this crucial and competitive sales period. Filled with fast-paced learning activities, games, prizes, and opportunities for retailers to learn from industry experts and their peers, the program will include presentations by David Peters, director of education, Jewelers of America; Terry Chandler, president, Diamond Council of America; and Kathy Beall, director of education and buyer services, SJTA.
“Last year we expanded the popular SJTA U educational program beyond the traditional trade show schedule as yet another way to improve business opportunities for our retail jewelers throughout the Southeast,” says Kathy Beall, SJTA. “The feedback from attending retailers was overwhelmingly positive and we’re pleased to be able to bring the program to other Southeast markets for 2003.”
“The ‘holiday selling’ program will also help jewelers get back in touch with the joy, passion, and emotions so interwoven into buying and selling of fine jewelry,” adds David Peters, Jewelers of America. “Selling jewelry isn’t as much about discussing rocks and metal as it is about meeting the emotional needs of the customers – helping them create moments in time that will last forever; helping them express their love through a gift of fine jewelry.”
Programs are open to all independent retail jewelers. Admission is $30 per person, including a light meal. A discounted $20 rate is available for Jewelers of America or Diamond Council of America members.
The 2003 seminar topics and training will include:
* How to uncover and leverage the customer’s true motivation to buy
* How to move the customer quickly an smoothly through the buying process
* How to communicate and create real value in the products
* How to build an atmosphere of trust, respect and appreciation within every sales transaction
The 2003 “Holiday Selling” program tour is scheduled as follows:
* Thursday, October 23, 4-8 p.m. Renaissance Waverly, Atlanta
* Sunday, October 26, 10 a.m.- 2 p.m., Sheraton Columbia Hotel, Columbia, S.C. (Partnering with South Carolina’s “Operation Springboard”)
* Tuesday, October 28, 4-8 p.m. Hilton Executive Park, Charlotte, N.C.
* Thursday, October 30, 4-8 p.m. Tampa Marriott Westshore, Tampa, Fla.
* Sunday, November 2, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Wynfrey Hotel, Birmingham, Ala.
Retailers are encouraged to register early as seating is limited. For more information or to register, retailers can call SJTA at 800.241.0399 or mail a check made payable to SJTA, 4 Executive Park, Suite 1202, Atlanta, GA 30329. SJTA also accepts Visa, MasterCard and American Express.Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine