The third annual MJSA Trade Show for Jewelry Making, to be held Sept. 17 and 18 at the Rhode Island Convention Center in downtown Providence, is offering free educational seminars for artisans, designers, and jewelry makers on various subjects, including, soldering, glass casting, photographing your own jewelry, and metal refining techniques.
The schedule of seminars are as follows:
* 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., “Designing with Beads” by Nick Regine of Swarovski
* 12:45 to 2:15 p.m., “The 4 P’s: Promotion, Pricing, Production, and Pitfalls—a Primer” by Chris Ploof of Chris Ploof Design Studio
* 2:30 to 4 p.m., “Loop-in-Loop Chain Making” by Ann Cahoon of Flying Marquis Studio
* 4:15 to 5:45 p.m., “Lost-wax Glass Casting” by Linus Drogs of Au Enterprises Inc.
* 11 to 11:45 a.m., “Photographing Jewelry with Minimal Equipment” by Karen Philippi of Philippi Photographi
* 12 to 12:45 p.m., “Precious Metal Refining Techniques and Methods You Can Profit From Now!” by Bruce Busby of David H. Fell & Co. Inc.
* 1 to 2:30 p.m., “Soldering Fundamentals” by Karen Christians of Cleverwerx and author of Making the Most of Your Flex-shaft
Advance registration for the show is free. On-site registration is $10 for non-MJSA members and free for MJSA members. Register in advance online at mjsa.org.
For more information about the show, call 401-274-3840, toll free 800-444-6572, e-mail email@example.com, or visit mjsa.org.