Eight talented new designers have been selected as The Rising Stars of JCK Las Vegas 2008 and will make their jewelry trade show debut in Las Vegas from May 30 – June 3 at the Sands Expo & Convention Center.
The Rising Stars, who were selected by a prestigious group of industry leaders, will be featured in The Design Center, where jewelry retailers from around the world will have the opportunity to source 100 established and new designer companies who will showcase an assortment of designs and styles.
“Selecting the Rising Stars is an exciting process and it’s rewarding to watch the careers of so many take off after their debut at JCK. We have featured Alex Woo, Pamela Froman, Timothy Meier, BlumLux and others who have gone on to reach new heights,” said Dave Bonaparte, Group vice president, JCK Events. “In 2008 we have no doubt that the up and coming designers that will be featured as Rising Stars will also enjoy much success.”
The 2008 Rising Stars are:
* Amali ~ Amáli designer Sara Freedenfeld discovered her passion for making jewelry while backpacking through South America. In Valparaiso, Chile, she learned to combine natural elements with knotted strings to form intricate wearable art. In Venezuela she met an artist who taught her how to link and mold metal.
* Gemra AG ~ The official international dealer of Muz Elit LLC, a Russian jewelry producer situated in Moscow, presents the Russian haute jewelry brand, Monte Auzi, with Russian collection.
* Ginger Peachy ~ According to an ancient superstitious belief that some individuals could inflict harm on others by simply looking at them, the evil eyes acts like a protector from prying harmful eyes. Ginger Peachy Designs has taken the eye and added a unique spin by hand casting them in 14k gold and adding a single sparkling .02 ct diamond at its center. The gold brings the color of warmth and cheerful intention and is also associated with wealth and success while the diamond enables only positive light to enter while reflecting evil intentions.
* Jessica DiRubio Jewelry ~ Combining simple elegance, striking color, and design that conjures up a breath of fresh air, Jess uses 18k green gold, a much softer color, hand picked semi precious stones and certified non-conflict diamonds. She takes inspiration from, the simplicity of nature, the complexity of architecture and most importantly the grace and style of her Grandmother.
* Jetalia ~ Jewelry designer Sarena Traver has created four collections that celebrate the splendor of all women. Collections consist of exquisitely feminine 18k yellow and white gold pieces embellished with radiant diamonds and luminous pearls. The timelessness of the metals and gems are used in the handmade designs that create just the right amount of whimsy.
* Misha of New York ~ Misha uses only the very best and often rare exotic stones along with unique old world craftsmanship in very modern settings. These are pieces that can be treasured for a lifetime.
* Nina Basharova ~ Born in the Russian Federation and raised in the Ukraine, Nina Basharova’s artistic journey began while being exposed to her parents’ community of actors, writers and painters. She was inspired by that creative environment and merged her love for culture with an affinity for jewelry steeped in history.
* Rebecca Overmann ~ Her collections are expressed with clarity, simplicity and elegance. Sculpted shapes and kinetic lines reveal a graceful structure balanced by movement. Necklaces, earrings and rings are created in high-forged 18k gold, oxidized sterling silver, enamel and diamonds.
On Sunday, June 1 at 2:30 pm the eight Rising Stars will be recognized during The Designer Retailer Awards and Ceremony where 50 retailers will be honored for their lasting excellence at selling designer jewelry. The awards ceremony will take place in the Design Center on Level 2 of the Sands Expo & Convention Center.