This week, I’d like to discuss the third way in which a salesperson can maximize sales. In other words, how to acquire more people that you can sell to. The following is a checklist of things that a salesperson should do in order to achieve this goal.
- Ask every existing customer for a referral. Ask if you can mention their name.
- Send a thank you note to every customer – no matter if they buy from you or not. Put a couple business cards in the envelope.
- Make a follow-up call, after purchase, to every customer – ask for a referral.
- Promote your business by passing out a business card to every one you meet. For example, your bank teller, postal clerk, mechanic, doctor, dentist, etc.
- Call your existing customers and invite them back for a holiday or special event.
- Network through your church, school, social events, children’s sporting events, etc.
- Keep a “wish list” file of gift items.
- Get involved in groups like the Chamber of Commerce, Rotary Club, Lions Club, and so on.
- Get involved with groups like Junior Achievement, D.E.C.A, and intern programs at your local schools.
- Be active and remember you are always working to promote your business. Remember it is your business even if you don’t own the place.
This list is just a start and there are more – look at every opportunity in life as an opportunity to acquire more potential customers.Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine