Last week was dedicated to selling more of the people that you already have coming into your store. This time we will focus on how to sell more to the customers you are already selling to. The following is a checklist of things that salespeople should do in order to sell more to the people they are already selling to.
- Attempt to bump up every customer by showing and explaining better-quality goods.
- Always start high and work your way down. It is easier to come down than it is to push up.
- Ask every customer appropriate add-on questions to determine what the correct add-on items would be.
- Always attempt to add-on to a sale with every customer.
- Don’t stop adding-on once the customer has said yes. It is okay for customers to buy many items.
- Show gift items for upcoming holidays and events.
- Capture information on other upcoming events and occasions and ask permission to follow up. Then follow up.
- Attempt to switch a customer from brand X to brand Y using appropriate questions.
- Point out the benefits of the higher priced, better quality goods.
- Point out the value of the higher-priced, better quality merchandise. For example, a piece of clothing that you wear once is very expensive compared with a higher-priced article of clothing that you wear many times.
Author, trainer, consultant, and speaker Brad Huisken is president of IAS Training. He publishes a free weekly newsletter called “Sales Insight.” For a free subscription or more information on training, contact IAS Training at 800-248-7703, email@example.com, fax 303-936-9581, or visit the website at iastraining.com.
Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine