There are three primary ways for a salesperson to maximize sales. The first is to sell more of the people that you already have coming in the store. The following is a checklist of things that a salesperson should do in order to sell the maximum number of people.
- Capture the name and address of every potential customer.
- Eliminate the natural fear a customer has through meaningful, non-business conversation.
- Establish trust by selling yourself and your company.
- Focus on the person – not the product – the emotional reason why the customer wants to buy.
- Don’t be the first to bring up price. Let the customer talk price first.
- Follow the NA=A/DA theory. Needs assessment gets you answers so demonstrate those answers. Sell on the reasons the customer wants to buy.
- Sell based on benefits not features.
- Complete the communication cycle by asking agreement questions.
- Attempt to close every customer.
- Turn over any sale that you cannot complete.
- Be warm, friendly, enthusiastic, smiling, excited, motivated, determined, and effective with every customer.
Author, trainer, consultant, and speaker Brad Huisken is president of IAS Training. He publishes a free weekly newsletter called “Sales Insight.” For a free subscription or more information on training, contact IAS Training at 800-248-7703, email@example.com, fax 303-936-9581, or visit the website at iastraining.com.Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine