This week: The Modi mess gets messier. If you cancel a sale on eBay, you can be sued. And a diamond-encrusted bottle of ranch dressing. All below.
Nirav Modi companies hope for purchase.
– Chapter 11 filings may offer clues where money went.
– Reports Modi bribed bankers with jewelry.
– New charges say fraud started before 2017.
– Jewelry sales fall in India.
– Modi not moving to St. Kitts and Nevis.
– Winsome becomes issue in India.
– Bill targets fugitive economic offenders.
– Gitanjali VP arrested.
– Choksi says lack of passport means he can’t return to India.
– Scandal timeline.
Austin jeweler Ted Shaughnessy killed during home invasion.
Survey shows ninth year of silver jewelry sales growth.
Nordstrom rejects family going-private bid.
Chinese jewelry company to take online channel public.
Claire’s looks ready to file for Chapter 11.
Toys R Us looks ready to liquidate.
Retail resurgence is mostly online.
– How delivery may disrupt suburban retail.
Trump administration allows imports of elephant ivory.
– Decision brings pushback from conservative allies.
Prague Museum finds gem collection contains fakes, synthetics.
Steinmetz mining firm enters administration.
Low Hong Kong show turnout dampens enthusiasm.
Antwerp bodies join forces for trade show.
Movado hires new digital, social media execs.
– Brand pulls out of Baselworld.
J.C. Penney rearranges execs, cuts 130 jobs.
Danhov names marketing, communications director.
Edahn Golan: Three percent of artisanal diamond diggers are women.
Diamond Producers Association tells women’s stories.
Jeweler loses discrimination suit to Native American.
Jeweler hustles earrings onto Olympic skaters.
– Gal Gadot’s necklace featured 1,000 diamonds.
Cartier opens new San Francisco boutique.
Woman has to pay because she canceled eBay diamond ring sale.
Beef between Quavo and Eric the Jeweler has been squashed. Whew!
Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s jewelry phobia may be a real thing.
NYPD Medal of Valor found in Ohio thrift store.
Scientists spot mysterious mineral inside a diamond.
Heartbroken man offers his engagement ring on Facebook for free.
A diamond-encrusted bottle of ranch dressing.
Pluczenik gives the natural-diamond rap to Harper’s Bazaar.
From the Blog
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
(Image: Getty Images)