This week: Industry faces Modi and Choksi blowback. Nordstrom’s new stores have no merchandise. And a stupid diamond patent. All below.
Smash-and-grab robberies erupt in the industry.
A. Jaffe, Firestar Diamond file for Chapter 11.
– “Business as usual” at Samuels.
– Fleeing? Head to St. Kitts.
– Banks seek forensic audit of Gitanjali.
– Modi’s assets in Delaware probe.
– Diamond traders say they really didn’t like Modi or Choksi.
– Choksi had relocated awhile back, while Modi bet on IPO.
– How diamond brokers “bled banks.”
– Will prime minister clean up the pipeline?
– Albert Robinson: Scandal “weighing us all down.”
Nordstrom very close to going private, reports says.
– Look at Nordstrom’s merchandise-free stores.
Diamonds Direct opens 15th store in Columbus, Ohio.
Macy’s calls jewelry a bright spot.
Jewelers prep for the Oscars, the industry’s Super Bowl.
Tiffany, Cartier display digital genius.
Retail defaults could outpace last year.
The Jewellery Editor is for sale.
Fitness jewelry company WiseWear files for chapter 11.
Fitbit’s new smartwatch has “mass appeal.”
Apple sold 8 million watches in last quarter.
– Apple Watch at “inflection point.”
Millennials are buying diamonds, De Beers says.
Lucara buys diamond blockchain company, gets new CEO.
Sidney Glick dies.
Helzberg names new chief marketing officer, ad agency.
Kimberley Process Civil Society Coalition appoints African chair.
Angola yanks diamond investment rights from Dos Santos family.
More diamond deposits found in Zimbabwe.
Indian dealers robbed of €300,000 worth of gems in Paris Metro.
Michigan jeweler pleads guilty to six counts of larceny.
NFL-er gets into a brawl in jewelry store.
Diamond investment vehicle called a “stupid patent.”
Black Panther jewelry.
– Nine things to know about the movie’s jewelry.
Jeweler gets three skaters to wear her pieces at the Olympics.
Diamond ring immortalizes wartime love story.
Forbes tells the Kendra Scott story.
FT on jewelers’ succession troubles.
Fast Company lists Diamond Foundry as innovative company.
From the Blog
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
(Photo: Getty Images)Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine