Jewelers of America elected Terry Burman, group CEO of Signet Jewelers Limited and chairman of Sterling Jewelers Inc., as JA’s new chairman of the board.
He succeeds John Green, of Lux Bond & Green, West Hartford, CT. Burman was elected during JA’s Board of Directors meeting in July.
The following directors were also elected as officers:
- chairman-elect – Georgie Gleim, Gleim The Jeweler; Palo Alto, CA
- vice chairman – Michael Kowalski, Tiffany & Co.; New York, NY
- vice chairman – Jeff Corey, Day’s Jewelers; Waterville, ME
- treasurer – Peter Engel, Fred Meyer/Littman Jewelers; Portland, OR
- secretary – Vicki Cunningham, Cunningham Fine Jewelry; Tulsa, OK
In addition to the executive committee elections, JA welcomed seven industry leaders as new directors. The following directors will serve on the board through 2011:
- Tom Andruskevich, president and CEO, Birks & Mayors, Inc.; Tamarac, FL
- Ryan Berg, vice president, Lee Michaels Fine Jewelry; Metairie, LA
- Jeff Hamra, owner, Hamra Jewelers; Scottsdale, AZ
- Bev Hori, vice president, Ben Bridge Jeweler; Seattle, WA
- Theo Killion, president, Zale Corporation; Irving, TX
- Beryl Raff, chairman and CEO, Helzberg Diamonds; North Kansas City, MO
- James Rosenheim, CEO, Tiny Jewel Box; Washington, DC
In addition to chairman John Green, outgoing directors include Marvin Beasley of Helzberg Diamonds, Artie Bennos of Simms II Jewelers, Jon Bridge of Ben Bridge Jeweler, Steve Robbins of Robbins Bros. and Michael White of White’s Jewelers.
For the complete list of JA’s 2009-2010 Board of Directors, visit www.jewelers.org/aboutJA/board.html.