The 16th annual JCK Show ~ Las Vegas will include 100 jewelry designers from around the world who will be housed in the show’s Design Center Pavilion on the second floor of the Sands Expo & Convention Center.
For the first time, The Design Center will be featured during the annual Welcome Reception taking place on June 1 at 7 p.m. in the Pallazzo Ballroom at the Venetian Hotel Resort Casino. Design Center exhibitors will have a designated area to showcase their products, providing attendees with a sneak preview as well as a sample of the collections on display while enjoying cocktails and hors d’oeuvres with the JCK community.
“I encourage retailers to stop by and see many of the new designers exhibiting this year including established companies to the up-an-coming artists,” stated Wendy Osborn, Design Center Sales Executive, JCK Events. “Do your shopping with a cappuccino in hand – and afterwards, put your feet up in our lounge with an Orangetini! It will certainly be a relaxing experience.”
On June 3 at 2:30 p.m., fifty retailers will be honored for their lasting excellence at selling designer jewelry during The Designer Retailer Awards and Ceremony. The top five retailers will receive special recognition. The list of Top 50 will be voted on by the members of the Design Center who will take into consideration the retailer’s ongoing success at marketing, displaying and selling designer jewelry.
The following designers will be part of a special “Rising Star” section of the Design Center Pavilion. The Rising Stars are a unique group of designers who will make their jewelry trade show debut.
* Beth McElhiney – (Martha’s Vineyard, Mass.) Fine Celtic and Edwardian collections of jewelry pieces blending sterling silver, 18k and 22k gold with pearls and semi precious stones. Bold color combinations work in tandem with heavy metal worked with ancient patterns incorporating ancient alchemical and runic symbols.
* BlumLux – (Naples, Fla.) A hot new men’s jewelry line created in one and two tone 18k gold with diamonds and precious gemstones, this innovative collection of pendants, rings, earrings and cufflinks has a rock star edge with a beat to suit any style.
* Chintemani – (Istanbul, Turkey) Designer Aynur Guven, has created a brand new concept in a modern approach to the historical aesthetique. She has designed two collections “Inheritance of the Empires’’ and “Three Faces of Istanbul’’. Both collections are drawn by her by examining the works of art of Istanbul.
* Naphom & Co. – (New York City) – Offers unique jewelry, blending the ancient traditions and art of jewelry making with contemporary design from around the world. Only the finest gems and the full array of semi-precious stones are used.
* Sharon Loeff Designs – (Scottsdale, Ariz.) has a patent pending for convertible jewelry mounting which includes a base having front and rear surfaces. The base also includes side walls to which are pivotally mounted two hoops.
* Timothy Meier Design – (San Diego, Calif.) is dedicated to the finest in jewelry for men. This distinctive collection incites a primal aesthetic that resonates with Gen X – give or take 10 years. The jewelers handcraft each piece to withstand a man’s everyday wear and in return grant him respect, even a little envy.
* Tracy Matthews Designs, Inc. – (New York City) has been experimenting with combining color with metal, planting the seed for her future collections.
Retailers can enter the Design Center Raffle for a chance to win a $2,500 merchandise credit to put toward any order placed with a Design Center exhibitor. Each Design Center exhibitor will provide retailers who commit to spending $2,500 a signed raffle entry. Raffle tickets will be issued as follows: one per retailer per Design Center exhibitor. To qualify, all orders need to be firm orders for at least $2,500 and cannot be “hold for confirmation” orders. Raffle drawing will take place June 5th at 1 pm. Winner does not need to be present to win and will be posted on the JCK Show Web site.
The JCK Show ~ Las Vegas is taking place June 1-5, at the Sands Expo & Convention Center/Venetian Hotel Resort Casino, and the Las Vegas Convention Center.