The Annual JCK Jewelry Industry Fund has awarded six jewelry industry groups with financial grants for their programs that work towards the betterment of the overall jewelry marketplace. The organizations that received grant money are:
* American Gem Society has been awarded $65,000 to assist with the educational program at the AGS International Conclave
* American Gem Trade Association has been awarded $74,600 for the purchase of a LIBS machine (Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy) to aid in the identification of the artificial treatment of gemstones to enhance the color
* Jewelers’ Security Alliance has been awarded $100,000 for organization of local crime prevention networks for jewelers
* Jewelers’ Vigilance Committee has been awarded $75,000 for regional outreach for legal compliance
* Manufacturing Jewelers and Suppliers of America has been awarded $35,000 to fund and expand the “Safe and Secure” Outreach program.
* The Gemological Institute of America has been awarded $25,000 for the investigation of recent treatments of nacreous pearls
The JCK Jewelry Industry Fund, now in its eighth year, was established by JCK Events and JCK Publishing Group to foster development and research of programs and enhance the image of the jewelry industry. Since 1998, over $2.8 million has been awarded in grants from the Industry Fund. The 2006 awards were announced during the recent JCK NYC Invitational Event.
“We believe this year’s award winners represent the very best the jewelry industry has to offer toward improving the safety, security and quality of the industry,” said Dave Bonaparte, Vice President of JCK Events.
Mark Smelzer, Publisher, JCK Publishing Group, added, “Of all the applications that were reviewed, these six recipients were chosen based on their synergy with the overall core goals and intentions of the Fund.”
The Fund looks to award grants to exemplify one or more of the main objectives of the program:
* Improve the image of the jewelry industry in the eyes of the consumer;
* Aid jewelry industry organizations in addressing serious problems faced within the industry, and/or;
* Assist internal organizations and associations in developing training materials.Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine