This week in Diamond Shavings: Canadian jewelry chain files for bankruptcy. The retail giant that is all about nothing. And bride slammed for comments about engagement ring. All below.
Signet holiday sales fall below expectations.
– Pays $11 million to settle credit case.
Tiffany’s holiday sales hurt by “uncertainties.”
Retailers holding off investments due to uncertain economy.
– Analysts: Market declines could hurt jewelry sales.
Luca Bernasconi has taken over Rolex Watch U.S.A.
Blue Nile CEO Jason Goldberger resigns.
De Grisogono founder Fawaz Gruosi steps down.
Are lab-grown diamond prices rising or falling?
– WWD: Industry still divided (subscription required).
– Former CEO of Dominion Diamond starts lab-grown company.
BBC on changing times in the watch industry.
– New York Times interviews new head of LVMH watch division.
– FT interviews the new head of Bulgari.
Fossil Group sells smartwatch technology to Google.
Canadian jeweler Caroline Neron files for bankruptcy, is closing stores.
Sears, Kmart might stay open, reports say.
– Sears Holdings officially accepts bid.
– Creditor’s committee objects.
– Shows “high cost of growing broke.”
– Where the company went wrong.
J.C. Penney remakes executive suite—again.
Amazon “stands for nothing.” Is that good?
Forevermark’s U.S. sales increased 8 percent.
GIA vet Craig Danforth to join Jewelers Mutual.
Mark Mazzarese joins Italian jewelry brand Picchiotti.
Auction house Doyle appoints new CEO, president.
Erik Nordstrom becomes retailer’s top executive.
Indian government seeks to cancel Jatin Mehta’s St. Kitts passport.
Colorado jeweler stole items from clients, police say.
Zimbabwe soldiers looted diamonds during internet blackout.
Diamond ring seized as part of investigation under “unexplained wealth” measure.
New York sets new online sales tax rules.
New study looks at “superdeep diamonds.”
Bride slammed for saying she hates her engagement ring.
Gemstones retrieved from opal fields turn out to be dinosaur fossils.
Ariana Grande’s diamond teeth.
– “Dripping in diamonds” in new video.
France24 on Antwerp’s diamond sector (video).
From the Blog
Have a great weekend, and great 2019!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
(Image: Getty Images)Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine