This week in Diamond Shavings: More retail predictions. Stella & Dot leaves Europe. And ring lost for decades turns up in car engine. All below.
Ten memorable jewelry moments from the 2019 Golden Globes.
– How stars discreetly—but deliberately—show off their watches on the red carpet.
Tiffany & Co. to include origin on most diamonds.
– Russia to promote diamond traceability.
– De Beers green-lights disclosure rules.
Interview with the new owner of Scio.
– Huron Capital invests in WD Lab Grown Diamonds.
– New lab-grown company claims cheaper process.
– Diamond Foundry raises prices 15 percent.
– Report: Meghan Markle wears lab-growns.
Sears receives new bid to save company.
– Laid-off workers press boss for severance.
– A look at Sears’ online marketplace.
– The culprit: a “predatory hedge fund.”
Macy’s, J.C. Penney to close stores.
– Analyst says Penney needs to close more stores.
– Fine jewelry a bright spot for Macy’s.
Retail Dive’s retail trends to watch in 2019.
– Steve Dennis’ 14 predictions for retail.
National Jeweler’s facts about Gen Z.
Top five reasons why “luxury brands fail.”
Marketing Week on De Beers’ new brand identity.
– De Beers’ CFO on taking “measured risks.”
What can the diamond business learn from President Trump?
ICICI Bank to close Antwerp branch.
– New bank rules forcing change in diamond trade.
Report: Dominion Diamond may be sold—again. Dominion has denied this.
Indian diamond polishers lack minimum wage, dignity.
Chinese scientists turn copper into gold.
Stella & Dot exiting European market.
Colorado jeweler arrested for allegedly bilking customers.
Mejuri opens up New York City showroom.
Saks Fifth Avenue shuts downtown New York City store.
Alex and Ani moving headquarters to Providence, R.I.
FDA warns against jewelry for sensory stimulation.
How to lose thousands of dollars on Amazon.
Can the fashion industry ever really be called sustainable?
Former Russian business partners fight court case over Graff jewelry.
Court won’t dismiss claims against HSBC in jewelry theft case.
Court won’t overturn Costco’s lawsuit loss to Tiffany.
Lloyd’s of London doesn’t want to pay for stolen gold eagle.
Reed Jewelry Group taps Jim Fox as sales director.
Peter Smith named president of Mémoire.
De Grisogono appoints Keith Rosen general manager.
Kim Pelletier to head IGC Brand Services.
IDCA reelects Nilesh Sheth president.
Michael Hill names chief operating officer.
Michelle Graff and another dude to be honored by Jewelers’ Security Alliance.
Dr. James Shigley receives GIA’s highest honor.
Cofounder of Norman Hege Jewelers dies.
Afghanistan gold mine collapse kills 30.
Would you pay $75,000 for your own gold mine?
.Israeli mining company unearths rare mineral.
Green Lake Jewelry Work’s Nigerian sapphire initiative.
Jeweler donates silicone rings to police.
Bruno Mars gifted band members Audemars Piguet watches.
The Daily Show wasn’t impressed by Leonardo DiCaprio’s Blood Diamond accent.
Bulgari’s ad strikes sour note with some Jews.
Martha Stewart Weddings on how to hide a ring from your fianceé.
Wedding ring lost for decades found in car engine.
Anthony Anderson recovers diamond dropped in drain.
Floyd Mayweather flaunts watch collection.
Founder of Stone and Strand talks about mentorship.
From the Blog
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
(Image: Getty Images)Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine