The emerald will take the forefront during the fourth Jaipur Jewellery Show, Dec. 22 – 26. The event will include a poster competition dedicated to the precious gem.
The organizers are encouraging jewelry designers, graphic artists, art students, and just about anyone with creative talent to participate in the competition. Awards are as follows: First prize, $2,000; second prize, $1,000; third prize, $500. A committee of judges will be selected to decide the winners.
In addition, all entries will be exhibited during the jewelry show and may be used in publications to promote colored gemstones worldwide. The deadline for receiving posters is Nov. 20.
A color print and disk file should be submitted to:
Jaipur Jewellery Office
Rajasthan Chamber Bhawan
Other guidelines include:
* The poster size should be 50 cm by 35 cm (20 inches by 12 inches);
* The logo of the show and the name of the candidate should be included;
* A written slogan may be added;
* All written communications should be in English. However, the Steering Committee encourages designers to repeat the slogan in their native language; and
* Participants must submit a color printout of the poster, along with a disk file;
For more information, email Poster@jaipurjewelleryshow.com.