Jewelers of America elected Georgie Gleim, president of
Gleim the Jeweler in Palo Alto, Calif., chair of its board of directors at a
recent board meeting in July.
She succeeds Terry Burman, former group CEO of Signet
Jewelers Limited and chairman of Sterling Jewelers Inc.
“Georgie is an exceptional industry leader and we look
forward to her insight into the professional needs of our members during her
service as Jewelers of America Board Chair,” said JA president and CEO Matthew
A. Runci, in a statement.
Gleim is the third generation of her family to lead Gleim
the Jeweler, the independent jewelry store that this year celebrates 80 years
of service. Gleim’s father, Arthur, served as JA president from 1981–83.
“It is an honor to serve as chair of the Jewelers of America
Board,” said Gleim in a statement. “With the talented leadership of our board
and the staff in New York, I look forward to continuing my work with the
association to advance the important work JA undertakes to maintain consumer
confidence in the fine jewelry marketplace.”
JA also elected new officers of its executive committee:
- Chair-Elect: William Farmer Jr., Farmer’s Jewelry, Lexington, Ky.
- Vice Chairman: Ryan Berg, Lee Michaels Fine Jewelry, Metairie, La.
- Vice Chairman: Scot Congress, Congress Jewelers, Sanibel Island, Fla.
- Vice Chairman: Peter Engel, Fred Meyer/Littman Jewelers, Portland, Ore.
- Treasurer : Thomas Andruskevich, Birks & Mayors, Inc., Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Secretary: Michael J. Kowalski, Tiffany & Co., New York City
The following directors will serve on the board through
- Marc Bridge, Ben Bridge Jeweler, Seattle, Wash.
- Mark Light, president and CEO, Sterling Jewelers Inc., Akron, Ohio
- Robert F. Moeller II, president and director of sales, R.F.
Moeller Jeweler, St. Paul, Minn.
- Larry Pelzel, vice president of precious jewelry, Neiman
Marcus, Dallas, Texas
- Michael Pollak, co-founder, Hyde Park Jewelers, Denver,
- Howard Tapper, Tapper’s Jewelry, West Bloomfield, Mich.
- William Farmer Jr. and his sister, Kristi Farmer Lykins, Farmer’s
Jewelry, Lexington, Ky.
In addition to Terry Burman, outgoing directors include:
- Jeff Corey, Day’s Jewelers, Waterville, Maine
- Vicki Cunningham, Cunningham Fine Jewelry, Tulsa, Okla.
- John Hayes, Goodman’s Jewelers, Madison, Wis.
- Woody Justice, Justice Jewelers, Springfield, Mo.
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine