RE: ENSURING A HEALTHY & SAFE BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT
To All JCK Exhibitors and Retailers:
During the past several weeks, The JCK Show has received a number of inquiries regarding health & safety concerns related to Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome or SARS. Please let me start by assuring you that your safety and well-being is our number one priority. What follows outlines the proactive steps we have taken and will continue to take to accomplish this important objective.
As you know, the JCK show is an international event, hosting participants from around the globe. Over the last several weeks my team and I have continually monitored and evaluated the international health situation posed by SARS for how it may affect our upcoming show. We have been working closely with governmental health organizations, such as the U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) as well as the Hong Kong Government, to understand the most current information regarding the disease.
Armed with a great deal of information and advice, we have taken the following steps, which are significantly above and beyond the guidelines issued by the relevant authorities. If you are coming from a “Travel Advisory” area as defined below, in order to attend The JCK Show ~ Las Vegas you will need to follow the detailed procedures which are attached.
All exhibitors and attendees coming from those global areas currently defined as “Travel Advisory” by the CDC (as of May 8, 2003), including Hong Kong, Mainland China, and Taiwan, will be required to comply with the following:
1. Leave the “Travel Advisory” area at least 10 days prior to The JCK Show.
2. Have a health check administered 48 hours prior to entering the premises of The JCK Show.
3. Present a certificate of health prior to registering at a designated location at The JCK Show.
On-site JCK show personnel, specialists in health management as well as security staff, will strictly enforce these procedures and precautions.
We have a significant contingent participating in The JCK Show from Hong Kong and the Hong Kong Government has endorsed and supported the steps being taken. We wish to commend our overseas exhibitors and attendees from “Travel Advisory” areas for their cooperation in adopting these additional safety measures, which allows them to remain on the general show floor.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 800-257-3626. Should you have concerns while attending the JCK show, designated health and safety staff will be on hand.
With these plans in place we look forward to welcoming you to Las Vegas and to a successful event.
Vice President – JCK Shows
These procedures apply to all those who originate from areas defined as “Travel Advisory” by the Center for Disease Control (CDC). The relevant areas under “Travel Advisory” as of May 8, 2003, include: Hong Kong, Mainland China and Taiwan (Further information related to the CDC’s Travel Advisory is located on the web at www.cdc.gov). On-site personnel, specialists in health management as well as security, will strictly enforce these procedures and precautions.
1. You must arrive in the United States (or another area not under “Travel Advisory”) at least 10 days prior to registering for The JCK Show ~ Las Vegas. (Examples: If you are picking up/validating your badge on May 26th for show set-up you must arrive in the U.S. no later than May 16th. If you are picking up/validating your badge on May 30th for the Welcome Reception you must arrive in the U.S. no later than May 20th).
2. While in the United States, you should pay close attention to your health status. If you notice any signs of infection (the main symptoms of SARS are: high fever: > 38° Celsius, >100.4° Fahrenheit, dry cough, shortness of breath or breathing difficulties), please contact a doctor immediately. Should you feel ill while on-site at the show, there will be medical personnel available.
3. 48 hours before picking up/validating your badge for The JCK Show ~ Las Vegas, you are required to have a comprehensive health check. You must obtain proof of a clean bill of health, which you will be required to present at a designated registration area. We have worked with The Family Medical Group clinic in Las Vegas and they are prepared to accommodate your health check at the following locations:
1. Family Medical Group
4415 West Flamingo
Hours: Mon-Sat 8am-7pm
2. Family Medical Group
4550 East Charleston
Hours: Every Day 8am-11pm
A free shuttle service is available to/from the clinics to select locations in Las Vegas. Please call 702-735-3600 for more information on the shuttle and to request a pick-up.
You must bring the following information to the clinic for the health check:
1. Passport (as proof of date of entry into the United States or another area outside the “Travel Advisory” countries)
2. $20 payment for health check (in U.S funds)
The clinic will then provide you with the necessary health certificate needed for registration.
You must register/validate your badge in the designated registration area set up specifically to provide secure and efficient registration and validation of your health certificate. This will be located at The Palazzo foyer corridor outside Palazzo Ballroom E.
In summary, in order to register for The JCK Show ~ Las Vegas you will need to bring the following:
1. Health certificate issued by the Family Medical Group
2. 2 forms of I.D. including one photo I.D. (e.g. photo identification and a business card with your name).
If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call The JCK Show at 800-257-3626.
We thank you for your patience and understanding.