The Hong Kong International Jewelry Show 2009, to be held March 4-8, will be divided into a number of specialized theme exhibitor zones that will make it easy for buyers to locate specialist and niche items, says the Hong Kong Trade Development Council, organizers of the trade fair.
Exhibitor zones include:
* The Antique & Vintage Renaissance, which taps into the appeal of retro fashion and accessories by presenting historic jewelry and watches, including those from top brand names and examples of design movements.
* The Hall of Fame exhibit area for international brand names known for high quality, showcased in an elegant and luxurious environment.
* The Designer Jewellery Galleria will showcase hip collections from designers who really have their fingers on the pulse of prevailing fashion trends.
* Jadeite Zone highlights top-grade jade pieces in a variety of colors, and many with a distinctly Asian theme.
* Le Salon Extraordinaire puts fine jewelry in the limelight, in appropriately elegant and discreet surroundings conducive to serious business negotiations. The pieces on display combine creative flair with quality, allowing master craftsmen to show off their skills.
* Les Salons Privés features superb pieces of fine jewelry and diamonds. In 2008 a new diamond section was launched, adding further value to this exclusive area where meetings can be carried out in absolute privacy.
* Treasures of Nature offers loose diamonds, gemstones, pearls, and other precious materials.
* The Watch & Clock Pavilion will present watches studded with precious stones and young and trendy fashion pieces, and a variety of clocks, from the traditional to the contemporary.
Other highlights include seminars addressing the latest product trends, market information, and technological developments. The well established Hong Kong Jewellery Design Competition showcases the creativity and craft of local designers, while the International Jewellery Design Excellence Award 2009 recognizes the best of the best. Inspiration also comes in the form of a program of fashion shows staged regularly throughout the show.