Frédéric Piguet Acquires François Golay

Frédéric Piguet SA, which owned 35 percent of François Golay SA, has acquired the other 65 percent of its shares from owners Jean-Marc Berney and Yves Berney. The announcement was made June 11 and was effective immediately.

Frédéric Piguet SA, a company of the Swatch Group, the world’s largest watchmaker, makes luxury watch components and movements. François Golay specializes in mechanical watch movement components, including high-quality wheels. Breguet, Blancpain, Frédéric Piguet and other Swatch Group companies are among its important clients.

Both companies are located in Las Brassus, Switzerland.

Jean-Marc Berney will be managing director of François Golay SA, continuing operational management of it. The company has more than 100 employees. No changes are expected.