UPDATE: Sale postponed. See here.
Considering there was not much interest in stores from past bankruptcies, there is a good deal of interest in stores formerly owned by Finlay.
Here is what is listed in court papers as the most “successful bids” for the former Finlay stores’ leases and assets. These all have to be approved by the court. The hearing is at 4 PM today:
– Adamas Partners had the highest bid for the leases of 14 Carlyle stores, as well as the Carlyle Corporation, its intellectual property, and the lease for the Carlyle headquarters in Greensboro.
– S. Congress and Son Fine Jewelers is taking over Congress’ Sanibel, Fla. Store.
– Murphy Jewelers is taking over the Carlyle store in Saucon Valley.
– Fink’s Jewelers is taking over the Bailey’s store at Tyson’s Corner.
– General Growth Properties is taking over the fixtures and furniture at the Bailey’s at Shops at La Cantera.
– Govberg Jewelers is taking over the fixtures and furniture at the Carlyle stores in Wilmington and Beachwood.
- The Forbes Company is taking over the Baileys stores at Gardens and Somerset.
– Helzbergs was also the top bidder for the Baileys and Carlyle customer lists.
– Hamilton Co. Jewelers is buying the company’s “Daughters of the American Revolution” business.
Many industry people are rumored to be involved with these groups. We’ll keep you posted on what is happening with this …