This week in Diamond Shavings: Jewelry made with human teeth. Brazen robbery at the Israeli bourse. And jewelers who were actual, rather than figurative, Neanderthals. All below.
How Pandora plans to reinvent its U.S. business.
SAG Awards 2019: favorite jewelry looks.
A rash of jewelry store robberies hits Southern California.
– Tourists arrested for robbing Israel Diamond Exchange.
– Elderly man has eight warrants for jewelry robberies in three states.
To save retail, “let it die.”
LVMH’s watch, jewelry sales rise 12 percent.
Lightbox doing its first trunk show, Los Angeles pop-up.
– Albert Robinson: A “pivotal year” for lab-growns.
– Sky News lab-grown segment with Eddie LeVian interview (video)
Russia’s Ministry of Education introduces diamond blockchain tracking system.
New Alrosa client list excludes Leviev firm.
– Authorities rule out foul play in LLD employee’s fall.
Report: India sending plane to bring back diamond “economic fugitives.”
– Antigua denies report, won’t hand over Choksi.
– Nirav Modi bungalow demolished.
A. Jaffe takes minority stake in Fire & Ice brand.
De Beers’ sales slump.
– Petra hurt by falling small gem prices.
U.S. government shutdown hurts Indian exports.
Arab jewelers hit by tumbling demand.
How GIA’s price guide helps artisanal miners.
Rapaport announces mission to Sierra Leone.
Venezuela has 20 tons of gold to ship, somewhere.
Kerig faces billion-dollar tax claim.
Neiman Marcus president James Gold resigns.
– WWD interview (subscription required).
Hoover & Strong announces hire, promotions.
Matthew Tratner to join GIA business development team.
Reis-Nichols hires director of finance.
New company in the ashes-to-diamonds game.
Jeweler creates rings that use human teeth, bones.
Jeweler offers dinner with engagement rings.
Russian Neanderthals may have been jewelers.
The Frisky on the most expensive royal engagement rings.
FT Watches and Jewelry supplement has an interview with Bulgari CEO and looks at watch brands’ plans for the year ahead, what happens to divorcing couples’ jewelry, and Super Bowl jewelry for fat fingers.
From the Blog
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn