This is being posted early for the holiday weekend. Hope everyone has a great holiday …
By the way, I’m sorry I didn’t notice this before, but the documents for the Finlay bankruptcy can all be found for free here, though I warn you, it is a pretty slow and annoying site. Here (PDF) is the list of the stores due to be sold, and here (PDF) is the Zale objection, regarding its bid for the Baileys Intellectual Property, that has been holding up the sales process.
And here’s the news:
60 Minutes “conflict gold” story airs Sunday.
Zale and Sterling financial results.
– Zale “beat forecasts.”
Tiffany profit down 1%, raises outlook.
– Analysis: “Impressive results.”
Blue Nile traffic down?
Henry Dunay’s company closes.
De Beers: “about” 10% demand jump next year.
Consumer confidence still weak.
Walmart goes after Amazon.
Airlines expand in-flight retail.
Report: “Hectic activity” at diamond centers.
Leviev’s company “insolvent” without agreement.
De Beers to expand Jwaneng.
– DTC Botswana “optimistic.”
Zimbabwe newspapers: Put our diamonds to “good use.”
– Country sets up airport processing plant.
Six South Africans held for diamond dealing.
William Lam dies.
IDCA elects new board.
Alicia Keys launches jewelry line.
– Sharon Stone touts jewelry for men.
– Fast Company on Zimbabwe diamonds. Well done, if sad, article that includes a fairly good summary of what is going on with the KP, though the does have independent monitoring. (That’s what the review mission was.) The Amnesty statement was likely about polished.
– The Wall Street Journal on jewelers’ holiday sales.
– New York Times on costume jewelry.
From the Blog:
Have a great holiday weekend, and hopefully a lucrative Black Friday …
– Cutting Remarks RSS Feed.
– Twitter feed (w/blog and news updates): robbatesjck
– Connect on linkedin.
– Email for tips, comments, press releases: rbates – at – reedbusiness.com.