This week: Will Amazon buy Kohl’s? The world’s oldest jeweler. And a proposal gets badly botched. All below.
Florida jewelers mostly make it through Harvey—but Caribbean hit hard.
– Robbins Brothers donates CZ rings to Harvey victims.
– Jewelers Disaster Relief Fund launched.
Female self-purchases of diamonds hit record levels, De Beers says.
– De Beers’ holiday marketing to target women.
– Forevermark CEO Stephen Lussier on diamond marketing.
Signet CEO sees independent jewelers turning toward high-end.
– Analysts impressed with new CEO.
– Signet completes James Allen acquisition.
Apple now world’s biggest watchmaker, according to Apple.
– Wearable shipments forecast to reach 262.5 million units by 2021.
Most consumers don’t wear a watch daily.
Why former Reeds exec is climbing on lab-grown diamond bandwagon.
– De Beers releases SynthDetect.
Ben Janowski looks at the changing landscape.
Jennifer Meyer to open store.
Nordstrom opening store with no inventory.
Neiman Marcus shutting 10 Last Call stores.
– Off-price retail sector losing steam.
Will Amazon buy Kohl’s?
The New York Times: Affluent feel kind of bad about it.
– My thoughts.
Chinese splurging on travel, not diamonds.
Expansion could extend Ekati until 2042.
Tanzania seizes shipment from Petra.
Diamonds fund Zimbabwe’s secret police.
Okavango names new managing director.
Sotheby’s beefs up watch division.
Judge dismisses charges against Boston jeweler.
Texas man gets 77 years for jewelry store robberies.
Smyth Jewelers court filing tries to block rival.
Penn. jeweler designs wrestling medal.
Plans to revive Brother Wolf line.
St. Vincent sings “All You Need is Love” for Tiffany.
– Tiffany sponsors young artists.
Day’s Jewelers among best places to work in Maine.
Garage sale jewelry turns out to be worth $300,000.
Kansas City man drops ring in pond during proposal.
Archeologists discover 3,500-year-old jeweler.
Fashionista says there’s a diamond industry gender gap.
Fortune says the diamond industry is obsessed with blockchain. (Nope.)
Sydney Morning-Herald says engagement rings are sexist and outdated.
Digiday on the Diamond Producers Association’s social efforts.
From the Blog
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck .
– Connect on LinkedIn.
(Image: Getty Images)