This week: What’s bugging millennials. A great eBay pitch for a diamond ring. And why brick-and-mortar will survive. All below.
Blue Nile CEO Kanter resigns, replaced by Target exec.
Signet chief operating officer resigns.
– My thoughts: The company turns into a soap opera.
– Signet president outlines plans for U.K. business.
– GreenBiz on Signet’s “green supply chain.”
Diamond Producers Association will have $50 million U.S. budget.
– New ads feature “intimate moments.”
– Panel on changing the diamond narrative.
– Industry to focus on storytelling.
– Female self-purchase market grows.
Interview with De Beers CEO Bruce Cleaver.
JCK Show “better than expected.” I heard this too.
– “Optimistic mood.”
– “New and wow” jewels rule.
– Hottest topics.
Bill Furman retires from JCK, JIS.
Jewelers of America, Diamond Council of America become aligned.
A&E Jewelers closing all its locations.
Smyth Jewelers sues former execs.
TheRealReal gets $50 million in new funding.
Sears to close 72 more stores.
Hudson’s Bay lays off senior management.
J. Crew CEO Mickey Drexler steps down.
– Retailer’s problem “is greed.”
– Has too much private equity debt.
– It also “failed to adapt.”
Nordstrom explores going private.
– Why that might be good.
Macy’s chief marketing officer Lennox unveils new strategy.
Why brick-and-mortar shopping still has an edge.
How shoppers use smartphones in stores.
Millennials still “scarred” from recession.
Challenges in the “colored stone supply chain.”
Indian industry worried about new diamond tax.
– Indian jewelry stocks rise.
South Africa’s woes get worse.
Can Liberia get more diamond revenue?
Indian diamond broker held for smuggling.
Judge rules seized jewels can be returned to Philadelphia jeweler.
How Pebble mine lobbied Trump’s EPA.
“Tenner” diamond fetches $847,000 at Sotheby’s.
– Daily Mail on how to spot a diamond.
Pandora teams up with the Rockettes.
Al Capone’s, Bonnie and Clyde’s jewelry being auctioned.
So is $1 million watch that once belonged to Putin.
Woman writes “wild” diamond ring pitch on eBay.
Racked: Things people wish they’d known before buying engagement rings.
The Wall Street Journal on the science of diamonds. ($)
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
(Image: Getty Images)
Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine