This week. Millennials starts to embrace luxury. How Cambodian refugees entered the industry. And Elvis’ jeweler speaks. All below.
Birks Group sells Mayors Jewelers.
Neil Lane brand purchased by Authentic Brands Group.
Pandora’s revenues rise, but U.S. sales fall.
– Shares sink.
– Conference call transcript.
– Takes over distribution in Spain.
Alex and Ani wants 100 stores this year.
Female jewelry self-purchase is real.
Department stores “doing less terribly than expected.”
– Nordstrom offers hope.
– Turnarounds take time.
– Doesn’t change the trend.
Dominion Diamond gets new CEO.
Gemfields gets new CEO.
Audemars Piguet gets new North American CEO.
Amazon Prime will be in 50 percent of homes next year.
– Retail problems aren’t all Amazon’s fault.
– Apple has stopped many malls from dying.
Luxury sees potential in millennials.
Fossil to close 50 stores.
The next Apple Watch may not need an iPhone.
– Is that really necessary?
Costco offers wedding and gift registries.
Winners of the 2017 AGTA Spectrum awards.
Antwerp starts a Women’s Jewelry Association.
How Cambodian refugees became SoCal jewelers.
One rescued from flooded Alrosa mine.
– YouTube footage of rescue.
– Eight miners still trapped.
– Russia opens criminal probe.
– Albert Robinson: Shows industry safety record.
How the FBI stopped a violent jewelry burglary ring.
Jewelry dealer sues NYPD to get gun back.
Thief steals gigantic crystal from front of jeweler’s shop.
The most shocking piece of jewelry ever!
Manhattan man sues ex-fiancé to get ring back.
It’s easy to become a fake Instagram influencer.
Lady Di’s favorite jewels.
Tales from Elvis Presley’s jeweler.
From the Blog
Have a great weekend!
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter: @robbatesjck
– Connect on LinkedIn
(Image: Getty Images)