In the news … Another Vegas fades into very blurry memory .. Another diamond investment vehicle launched, just in time for prices to stagnate … And another J.C. Penney announcement. Sales are back! (Well, the word, at least.) … All below …
Vegas show attendance up.
– Avi Krawitz: Demand “stable—not booming.”
– Edahn Golan: World economy getting worse.
About that undisclosed synthetic diamond parcel…
– Charles Wyndham: Lab grown gems “can grow market.”
– Labs want to tighten submission terms.
– Video interview with Varda Shine.
– De Beers CEO hopes for new mine.
Analyst: Diamond prices may “stagnate.”
New diamond investment vehicle—Singapore Diamond Exchange—launched.
Harry Winston first quarter sales increase 23 percent.
Alrosa wants to buy BHP mine.
Kimberley Process meeting ends in Washington D.C.
– South Africa urges “caution” on changing definition of conflict diamonds.
– Zimbabwe newspaper already celebrating proposal’s defeat.
– U.S. deputy secretary lays on the charm.
– Global Witness ”wishes it well.”
Insurance broker faces investigation over Zimbabwe diamond business.
Ivory Coast wants KP diamond ban lifted.
Man caught smuggling diamonds into Vietnam.
Rio Tinto diamond campaign emphasizes stone’s origins.
South African diamond industry “no longer sparkling.”
AGS acquiring remaining shares of laboratory.
J.C. Penney now using word “sale.”
– Makes executive changes.
Claire’s Stores appoints Disney Stores chief as CEO.
Jeweler killed at Calif. flea market.
“Bored” diamond thief jailed.
Miley Cyrus shows off engagement ring.
Axl Rose gets his stolen jewelry back.
Why the Queen’s diamonds are remarkable.
– Google includes diamonds on its Jubilee-celebrating doodle.
– Asprey’s diamond portrait.
– Time columnist calls for return of Koh-i-Noor.
– Scandal! Kate Middleton wore fakes.
From the Blog:
– Story on synthetic diamond market (Written prior to recent events.)
– Don’t miss a story or blog! Subscribe to JCK’s daily e-newsletter. Enter your email in the box at the upper right hand side of this page.
– Email: rbates – at – jckonline.com.
– Twitter feed: robbatesjck
– Cutting Remarks RSS feed.