Hope all who celebrate had a good holiday. Here is what happened when you were chowing down on matzoh …
– Gassman: Polished diamond prices rising.
– De Beers tells sightholders not to money launder. Good advice.
– Chaim: All 93 sightholders will be dropped. But not really. (For the record, he thinks 20 sightholders will really be dropped. We should start a betting pool.)
– Media Watch: Good Christian Science Monitor article on dangers to traveling salesmen.
– Quote of the Week: “Whatever your thoughts might be about a De Beers or a DTC that perhaps you feel you once knew, the DTC that you write about today is a very different business than it used to be.” Varda Shine in letter to Polished Prices. (More on all this here.)
– Very funny and pertinent post from my colleague Jennifer on how jewelry falls behind other luxuries.
– De Beers Diamond Jewellers to sell online.
Have a great weekend ……………