Chaim: The European Commission is re-investigating De Beers. Great piece.
Diamond fundamentals mixed.
One final Antwerp diamond conference report.
- Russians not happy about Alrosa speech.
- More thoughts on “beneficiation” here (mentioned article) and here. (Cutting reflections! What a clever title!)
- Again, you can find many of the presentations from Antwerp here.
California fires cause GIA to close.
- Forbes on Blue Nile. Motley Fool debates the stock. (My thoughts.)
- Time on the hazards of gold mining. (The Nodirtygold campaign won a Benny! Whatever that is.)
- Voice of America on Sierra Leone diamond diggers. Yep, they’re still getting screwed.
- Charlotte newspaper on declining moissanite sales.
- Wall Street Journal blog nervous about new Tiffany stores. (My thoughts.) New York Times on Tiffany’s Wall Street store.
- The AP on Zale. The Wall Street Journal piece on Zale that appeared Wednesday, which I can’t find a way to link to, is basically the same with some added info. I have it, if anyone out there is interested.
Zale CEO in jeapordy?
Importing rough means faxing of KP certs.
Excellent post on China, Africa, and what it means for diamonds.
John Helmer on De Beers’ dispute in Russia
Guyana seizes smuggled stones.
Botswana takes aim at Mumbai, Israel, Antwerp.
De Beers sells tailings to local consortium.
Record prices at Rio pink tender.
Former Zale chairman DiNicola sues for moving expenses.
Rapper sued for unpaid jewelry bill. (Yes, we’re getting to the article dregs.)
Enjoy your weekend