Just a note to any newcomers … This is my weekly round-up of the most interesting (in my view) jewelry and diamond news and posts on the Internet … It’s published every Friday around 2:30 PM (EST) …
Tiffany’s annual sales up 15%!
– Company expands internationally.
– Marketwatch: Numbers “don’t signal US recovery.”
– Japanese interview with Tiffany chairman.
– DowJones on Tiffany vs. ebay.
Former Friedmans CEO found guilty.
– Interesting discussion that apparently drew jurors. (Skip first page.)
Gassman: Jewelers margins “under pressure.”
– GLG: Industry has “too much inventory.”
“Flawless,” 60s-set movie with fake De Beers, opens.
Kurt Einhorn dies.
Fake rough reported.
State Dept: Hezbollah “deals in diamonds.” (Near end of piece)
Canada’s “diamond road’s” last days.
LID US: $18 million loss.
“Crater of Diamonds” seller probed.
– Jewelry web site traffic grows.
South Africa rejects De Beers tax plea.
Jewelry TV sues Lloyds.
– ShopNBC jewelry up 34%.
Angola’s illegal mining crackdown.
De Beers (retail) opens in Japan.
“Hearts on Fire” hosts Green Emmy’s suite.
Engagement rings for hardcore computer geeks. Cause they need love too. (Seriously, check that link out.)
London Times interviews Nicky Oppenheimer.
Business Day on Botswana’s future.
The Economist on Botswana’s present.
CNBC Europe on “ethical luxury.” (Mentions conflict diamonds.)
The Orlando Sentinel touts diamonds for men.
From the Blog:
Certifigate: Will DMIA’s Do Call Do Any Good?
Have a great weekend …