A lot of stuff this week …
Whitehall “may seek” bankruptcy protection.
– SEC filing.
– Will Whitehall “follow Friedmans”?
– Director resigns.
Jewelry Channel to close.
Fabrikant insiders’ property ordered seized.
Diamond investment fund to launch.
Surat diamantaires reeling from recession.
– Should India, China look inward?
Chaim on “Industry Wild Cards.” Very interesting.
– Anglo American takeover rumors.
Antwerp board elections.
– Wyndham: Antwerp’s end?
Jeff Roberts takes over IJO.
A diamond industry Sopranos?
– Conflict diamonds on “In Plain Sight.”
Blue Nile targets international business.
– Vietnam: “Promising diamond market”
Kimberley Process meeting:
– Fake Kimberley certificates?
– Venezuela leaves Process. And about time.
– NGOs seek “wider scope.”
Investors too tough on Tiffany?
New Jersey jewelers fear gold bill.
Moissanite maker sues former customer.
Mark Boston on sightholders Sun City event.
Jewelry web traffic up in May.
– Transauction sues bidz, ebay, etc.
Angola: Third largest diamond producer?
– Country looks at “diamond tourism.”
Israeli dealers indicted for fraud.
LLD Namibia cutters protest manager.
Report: Children’s jewelry full of lead.
Sierra Leone chief tells diggers: Stop!
Rio Tinto India gets new manager.
Alleged larceny at Saks jewelry counter.
Synthetic diamonds can be made from … tequila.
– Party tonight at Gemesis! And who can forget this …
From the Blog:
Whew … Told you it was a lot of stuff … Sometimes I kind of hate the Internet. But anyway, have a great weekend!