Well it was another, um, exciting week ..
Whitehall goes Chapter 11.
– Will auction its assets.
– The “Warren Buffett way.”
House of Taylor: A house of pain.
Hong Kong Show: Middling.
– “Record number” of exhibitors.
Birks and Mayors: Sales up, profits down.
This just in … De Beers plans price increase.
Sylvain Ringer dies. Very sorry to hear.
Jacob the Jeweler sentenced.
– The Smoking Gun has more Jacob dirt.
Diamond investment fund raises $74 million.
– Chaim’s take.
– NGO report on Cote de Ivore conflict diamonds.
– Diamond laundering in Zimbabwe.
Signet gets new credit deal.
Diamond wholesaler joins Zale board.
New Jersey jewelers target “used jewelry”bill.
Consumer confidence index declines.
Fake diamond rough?
Gassman: Harry Winston rebounds.
De Beers “Leaders of Africa” summit concludes.
– Is African investment now mandatory?
– Russell Simmons blog post.
LLD Namibia workers on strike.
– A diamond mine in India?
– De Beers, NUM make deal.
– West African Diamonds faces takeover.
– Eight killed in Guyanan mine.
Indian Company Financials:
– Rajesh Q4 profits up 47%.
– Suraj 4Q profits up 30%.
– Flawless 4Q profits up 141%.
– Classic profits up 38%.
UNICEF shuns Leviev donations. Somewhere, a yeshiva cheers.
Umbilical cord made into diamond. Next: A platinum placenta!
I agree … this is a very nice De Beers retail ad …
– Bloomberg: Jewelry displays risk athlete safety.
– New York Times blog on the “diamond cartel.”
– Indian newspaper on China’s threat to Indian cutting.
– Seeking Alpha on Blue Nile.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend …