Just a reminder … if you want to comment, type the verification letters in all caps …
Here’s the news …
Financial Fiasco Fallout:
– Watching U.S. diamond banks.
– Wealthy consumers cut back.
– CNN: Retailers “in survival mode.”
– Uneasiness at DTC sight.
– Jewelers hurt by Monday Dow drop.
– Zale gets short sale ban.
– Harry Winston: Diamonds “safe haven.”
– Mark Boston: We’ll weather this.
Indo Argyle Diamond Council closes.
Shake up at Fortunoff owner.
Charles and Covard trims payroll.
More on those new Colorado diamonds.
Analyst: International biz helps Tiffany.
Vasant Mehta elected GJPEC chairman.
Mafia linked to Namibia’s diamonds.
SA State Diamond Trader gets acting CEO.
Tanzania gives mine shares back to De Beers.
African Diamonds, De Beers resolve differences.
Industry alumni watch: Sue Gove to Golfsmith.
Sidney Garber dies.
Hip-hop artists auction jewelry.
Kimora Lee Simmons loves diamonds, shoes and diamond shoes.
– Ethical Corporation on Walmart’s ethical jewelry line.
– Philadelphia Inquirer talks to nervous local jewelers.
– Washington columnist wonders about diamonds.
Despite all the bad news, I hope everyone has a great weekend, and for those who celebrate, a happy and healthy New Year …