Sorry, most of the news is pretty bad this week …
Shaky Days …
– Prices plunge at BHP tender.
– Alrosa to slash supplies.
– Bloomberg: RBDC Capital lowers forecast.
Luxury consumer confidence “in free-fall.”
– Selling luxury – in un-luxurious times.
Botswanan bank tries diamond financing.
Fire at Mumbai bourse.
– Panama exchange opens.
Ken Gassman on Zale.
Red tape “strangling” South African industry.
New colored diamond investment fund debuts.
PAC: Illicit diamond trade “growing.”
– Full report. (PDF) Worth reading.
Boscov’s auction postoned.
– Liqudiating Mervyns offers 65 percent off diamonds.
Chaim: CIBJO Europe “funded by De Beers.”
Antwerp postpones conference.
– Dubai summit is on!
– Antwerp pushes “safe haven” line.
Leviev denies Angolan brutality reports.
Theo Fennell (the jeweler) disses big rocks.
– Another Victoria Secret diamond studded “fantasy bra.” It’s good to know that whatever happens in the world, through good times and bad, there will always be diamond-studded fantasy bras.
– Reuters on trade reaction.
– India’s Economic Times on diamond industry’s “rough road.”
– India’s Commodity Online interviews Global Witness.
– Techcrunch on a diamond trading start-up.
– Sierra Leone newspaper on “Ruff and Cut.”
– Kansas City Star on the Crater of Diamonds State Park.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend …Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine