One short note: If you are a jewelry vendor of Wal mart, I’d be interested in speaking with you (confidentially, if you prefer.) My email is firstname.lastname@example.org. And here now the news …
Diamond prices on the precipice.
– Rapaport “expects declines.” (And indeed, there were some decreases today.)
– Chaim: Let the rough fall!
– Wyndham: I’m “not surprised.”
Consumer confidence hits all-time low.
– Disposable income falls 8.7%.
– High end retailers “mull holiday discounts.”
Shares of jewelers rise following rate cut.
Fabrikant owners’ assets released.
RBC Capital: “Gloomy outlook” for diamonds.
– Mark Boston: Let’s go back to basics.
Hedge funds target Dillard’s management.
Chapter 7 petition filed against Dunkin’s Diamonds.
Bigger, better quality synthetics promised.
Fake GIA reports spotted.
– GIA responds.
DMIA meeting: Protect yourself with UCCs.
Walmart opens fewer stores, targets higher income shoppers.
– Company CEO: “It’s our time.”
Analyst upgrades Blue Nile.
– Stock rises.
– Company could “exceed expectations.”
Report on Zimbabwe informal mining.
– Minister: Diamonds will turn around Zimbabwe.
Botswana newspaper: Cutbacks not result of “pressure.”
Survival claims “victory” in De Beers campaign.
– Group targets Steven Webster.
– De Beers praised by WWF.
“Diamond scam artists” in Washington.
Three bidders for JCK parent.
Model, Szul settle lawsuit.
It’s “Breakfast at Tiffany”’s 50th anniversary!
The diamond-covered doo-dads continue … this week, cellphones.
Kate Moss: Daughter’s more important to me than diamonds. Um, I hope so …
– The Financial Times on “crisis diamonds.”
– Portfolio on Tiffany’s new stores.
– WWD on Tiffany’s new Madrid store. (Sub required)
– The Forward on the latest Leviev controversy.
– The Globe and Mail on Toronto diamond exhibit.
– Canadian newspaper talks to Gabi Tolkowsky.
Have a great weekend …Follow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine