They say deaths come in threes … do bankruptcies?
I’ve been writing the industry mood has been improving, but talking to people this week, it’s still pretty tough out there, and the new (generally unexpected) Chapter 11s don’t help. We are looking at a long haul.
And here’s the news …
Henry Dunay goes Chapter 11.
David Webb goes Chapter 11.
Jewelry bankruptcies “no longer a stigma.”
– Chaim on “mounting financial perils.”
Anglo American rejects merger offer.
– Two new bidders?
– Any merger may take a while.
– SA govt. worries about consolidation.
– De Beers called “problematic asset.”
Kimberley Process … Again…
– NGOs see “some progress.”
Zimbabwe denies diamond fields killing.
– Human Rights Watch begs to differ.
– KP will inspect.
Ivory Coast still producing diamonds, despite Kimberley ban.
Venezuela seeks diamond mining loan.
Rand/Tiffany going ahead with Botswana factory.
Argyle producing again.
Cameroon to mine diamonds.
Alrosa head tours Africa with Russia pres.
Report: Gay marriage could bring windfall to industry.
Charles and Covard appoints CFO.
“Nature of Diamonds” comes to Chicago next year.
Cash4Gold gets new funding.
– Warns about competitors.
– Subject of Onion video. (Cameo by the JVC!)
Christian Science Monitor: “A little diamond smuggling to brighten your day.”
Chinese newspaper says country will be world’s largest diamond manufacturer.
From the Blog:
Thoughts on the Kimberley Process
Have a great weekend …
– Cutting Remarks RSS Feed.
– Twitter feed (w/blog and news updates): robbatesjck
– Connect on linkedin
– Email for tips, comments, hate and/or love mail: rbates – at – reedbusiness.com.