Another tough week…
By the way I don’t know why some of the links come out purple. Hopefully problems like that will be fixed when we move to our new blog platform.
And here’s the news ..
GM Pollack bought by store employees.
Fortunoff family buys back their name. Amazing they need to do that.
NEI Fashion buys Penny Preville.
Birks and Mayors first quarter sales down 26%.
– Kenny G: Weak financials, decent sales.
AGS lays off five. Yuk.
Jewelers wins lawsuit over necklace valuation.
De Beers sales, profits waay down.
– Will it borrow more from Anglo?
– Big layoffs at Element Six.
Ivanka Trump names new CEO.
Blue Nile: Poised to plunge?
Godfrey Jewelers in Battle Creek, Mich.
Diamond industry “hit by staff crunch.”
Chaim: British government bails out diamond sector.
Namdeb not granting royalty waiver.
– Namdeb’s profits climb.
Zimbabwe pleads to stay in Kimberley.
– Wants to “add value” to diamonds. Not killing people over them would be a start.
Angola admits it has to treat illegal miners better.
Did audit get Alrosa head fired?
Jewel heist mastermind caught with diamonds.
Presenting … Cash for diamonds. By the way, Cash for Gold, which is doing this, is a different company than Cash4Gold, which is the more high-profile company (it had the Superbowl ad.)
Michael Jackson’s hair to be turned into diamonds.
– CBC on the Kimberley Process.
– Entertainment Tonight profiles Kim Kardashian on her trip to Botswana.
– Sunday Standard has local media coverage.
– New Hampshire public radio interviews Global Witness about Charles Taylor/conflict diamonds.
From the Blog:
On Modern Jeweler.
Have a great weekend …
– Cutting Remarks RSS Feed.
– Twitter feed (w/blog and news updates): robbatesjck
– Connect on linkedin
– Email for tips, comments, hate and/or love mail: rbates – at – reedbusiness.com.