A lot of the comment problems I talked about last week seem to have been solved … So feel free to speak up!
And here’s the news …
JCK show, magazine merge.
ICA director murdered in Kenya. Very sorry to hear.
Govt: Retail sales fell in July.
– Report hurts retail stocks.
– Economists surprised.
Bidz sales, profits fall.
– Seeking Alpha on Bidz.
– Motley Fool on Blue Nile.
– Pakistan group participates.
Indian diamond business picks up.
– Surat’s traders “rush to China.”
– But business may shift to Gujarat.
Gitanjali head: Samuels, Rogers drop 7 -8%. No offense to the people there, but given the drops other chains are posting, that seems low.
Did Botswana cut dirty deals with disgraced Congressman?
– DTC Botswana takes aim at smugglers.
Hillary Clinton again praises Botswana diamond industry.
Alrosa sells $35 million.
– Reopens sales window.
Zimbabwe army tightens grip on diamond fields.
– Human Rights Watch calls for immediate KP ban.
UN upset about Angola diamond deportations.
Chaim has more on Kimberley.
Rio Tinto exploring for diamonds in India.
– De Beers nervous about security in Jharkhand.
“Record” heist at Graff.
Indian broker fakes robbery.
Zimbabwe dealer accused of smuggling.
– British woman is too …
Possible strike at Element Six.
Unemployed Israelis trained as polishers.
Jewelers must enforce “red flags” rule.
Heidi Klum folds jewelry line due to Van Cleef lawsuit.
Russell Simmons talks about industry not-so-nicely (although I was amused).
Pig eats woman’s diamond. “It wasn’t malicious or anything.”
Forbes.com profiles Paragon Lake. (Video)
From the Blog
Have a great weekend …
– Cutting Remarks RSS Feed.
– Twitter feed (w/blog and news updates): robbatesjck