Despite the two consumer articles under “Media Watch,” this has to be the most upbeat “Diamond Shavings” in … I can’t remember how long. There is a lot of more hope than there was six months ago. Let’s keep it going.
Also, yes, there are still problems with comments. You can post them, and I hope you continue to, but they aren’t showing up just yet, though they will eventually. They tell me they are working on it.
And here’s the news:
Thoughts on the Everlon Diamond Knot.
August retail sales up 2.7%.
Investors “stick by Zale” despite reporting delay.
Boscovs out of bankruptcy.
Congress Jewelers former owner moving on.
– Finlay will file 10-Q late.
Movado: “light at end of tunnel.”
India’s Gem, Jewelry Council launches brand.
Surat “sparkling again.”
Rio Tinto says diamonds are “back.”
– Joseph Gutnick agrees.
– So does Harry Winston.
Argyle expansion will resume.
Diavik cancels winter slowdown.
BHP/Rio “play down” diamond merger.
Polishedprices.com: Rough prices won’t rise.
Chaim: Botswana on “collision course” with De Beers?
EU: De Beers/Alrosa ban upheld.
– Alrosa may refinance debt with bonds.
Zimbabwe KP review mission finishes report.
– Another death in Zimbabwe diamond fields.
– Is Anglo exploring in Marange fields? I am not sure about that news source (it may be fine; just never have seen it before), and don’t have much faith in Mugawbe, but it’s an interesting look at what seems to be the Zimbabwe government pushback.
Wisconsin jeweler charged with money laundering.
Sterling discrimination suit gets class action status.
Alissa Goren leaves IDI.
GIA names new CFO.
Iowa attorney general warns of gold buying scams.
– Fake diamond con in California.
– Bloomberg on gold jewelry trade ins.
– South Africa’s Business Report on Botswana and the diamond slump.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend, and happy new year to all who celebrate …
– Cutting Remarks RSS Feed.
– Twitter feed (w/blog and news updates): robbatesjck