International Diamond Board delayed.
– My thoughts.
Gold hits record price.
– Will it impact the holiday?
– Bloomberg: Jewelers won’t recoup cost.
Diamond price bubble?
Everlon – discounted already.
Kenny G: U.S. store closings have slowed.
Bulgari CEO: Sales are improving.
Alrosa ’09 sales (to date): $1.3 bill.
– Most sales to state agency.
Chaim on India’s “fear of shortages.”
Surat wants to be like Antwerp.
Debswana employees want pay hike.
Diavick selected as top Canadian employer. (Via Rapaport)
Will Leviev inject cash into company?
Dutch company flouts Zimbabwe sancations, helps River Ranch mine.
Tiffany stock climbs after Citigroup recommends.
Blue Nile CEO sells 5,000 shares.
Suashish Diamonds supports delisting from Bombay Stock Exchange.
Scot’s Fine Jewelers in Sanibel Island, Florida (from Scot Congress, who talks a bit about Finlay)
Long Island jeweler pleads guilty to tax evasion.
Elegant Bride, Modern Bride shut.
– … but new bridal magazine launches.
Chinese VP visits Antwerp.
– CNN’s “GPS” will look at diamond industry this Sunday. According to this, Nicky Oppenheimer will guest.
– Nancy Grace doesn’t like Jon Gosselin’s diamond earrings. (Although he says they are CZ.)
– More CZ: Glee references Blood Diamond.
– New York Times blog on Van Cleef and Arpels.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend …
– Cutting Remarks RSS Feed.
– Twitter feed (w/blog and news updates): robbatesjck