JCK to become WWD/JCK.
– Memo in Fishbowl NY.
Zale stops new orders.
– WSJ has more.
– Stock falls.
Gassman: Third quarter jewelry sales “improving.”
Henry Dunay items purchased.
De Beers sight estimated at $280 million.
– Rough market “calm.”
Botswana may get new diamond mine.
Kimberley Process gets recognition.
Mozambique confirms illegal sales from Zimbabwe.
– Zimbabwe seizes Marange fields.
– Report: Security forces control the fields.
– Nicky Oppenheimer in Bloomberg on Zimbabwe.
Angola wants to produce own diamonds.
New York jewelers form crime network.
Diamond district hijacker convicted.
Diamond salesman robbed in Virginia.
47th Street buildings evacuated Wednesday.
Smithsonian features diamonds.
Woman lost ring at Walmart.
Blue Nile helped by redesign.
– Founder starts new (non-diamond) site.
New diamond Wii.
NBC’s “Parks and Recreation” suggests all women love diamonds.
– CNBC says jewelry sales are improving.
– Bloomberg on Leviev.
– Newsweek blog on China’s importance to the industry.
– Wall Street Journal on diamonds as an investment.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend …
– Cutting Remarks RSS Feed.
– Twitter feed (w/blog and news updates): robbatesjck
– Connect on linkedin.
– Email for tips, comments, press releases: rbates – at – reedbusiness.comFollow JCK on Instagram: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Twitter: @jckmagazine
Follow JCK on Facebook: @jckmagazine