NRF: Retail sales will increase in 2010.
Kenny G: Census shows fewer jewelers.
– GenNext panel report.
Zale tries to raise cash from vendors.
– My thoughts. With some good comments.
– Company “wins” bankruptcy poll. Nothing to take too seriously, though an indicator of the nervousness out there.
Shane pushes back reorg plan. I will repeat what I said in the comments: My info is that the company is doing well, and things are likely to go through in spite of all the delays.
Arthur Groom goes chapter 11.
Birks and Mayors sales up 1% in 3Q.
Executive changes at Leviev and Damiani. (pay site)
Gitanjali sales up.
26 West 47th Street sold.
SA youth group: De Beers assets will be nationalized.
Violent diamond rush in Zimbabwe.
-Secret airstrip built?
– Clash over KP monitor.
– Controversy over mining company.
– Diamond company robbed.
– Country claims it has no blood diamonds.
– Government newspaper wants to clean up “mess.”
– Rapaport officially resigns from WDC.
– Chaim unimpressed.
Rio Tinto doesn’t like new Zimbabwe legislation.
– Company head “positive” about Murowa.
Good local analysis of De Beers/Botswana situation.
– “Secret files.”
– Calls for commission of inquiry.
Mark Boston on younger generation of sightholders.
Fortunoff claims trademark infringement.
Funeral for murdered Manhattan jeweler.
– FBI gets involved
Florida jeweler: Bling is back.
Famous Wittelsbach diamond recut, to German “horror.”
– A rare showing.
– Not related to Hope Diamond.
Diamonds at Grammy Awards.
– Cynthia Sliwa lists “unexpected trends.”
De Beers delivers books to Canadian locals.
New York Times on a diamond’s value.
From the Blog:
– My article on reaching out to socially conscious consumers.
Have a great weekend …
– Cutting Remarks RSS Feed.
– Twitter feed (w/blog and news updates): robbatesjck
– Connect on linkedin.
– Email for tips, comments, press releases: rbates – at – reedbusiness.com