I’m apparently going to be speaking about Blue Nile this weekend on Sunday’s All Things Considered on NPR. Check it out, and let me know if I sound silly. (Just do it privately.)
And now the news …
More buyers at Tuscon.
Blue Nile sales increase 2.3%.
– Below expectations, shares fall.
– “Expectations too high.”
– GLG: Company “crosses a line.”
Hearts on Fire drops 120 retailers.
– Interview with company president.
Sterling sues two more over Jane Seymour.
– Texas retailer sues De Beers.
Louis Nchindo, former Debswana head accused of fraud, dies.
– Newspaper chronicles rise and fall.
– Calls for probe of death.
– What happens to court case?
De Beers reports $743 million loss.
– Expects $1 billion infusion.
– Anglo supports rights issue.
Gareth Penny sees “recovery.”
– As does Botswana.
BHP diamond revenues rise.
Small diamond prices rise.
“Millions smuggled” out of Zimbabwe.
– Government at odds over stones.
– Police confiscate parcel of diamonds.
– Minister in “scandal.”
– Will diamonds finance Mugawbe coup?
Chaim: Marange monitor can’t monitor much.
Nodirtygold retail report released.
– Complete report (PDF).
– Global Witness “blood diamond” Valentine’s Day release.
Antwerp fair praised.
De Beers opens South African “Diamond Route.”
Stephen Lussier makes pitch to Botswana.
“Person of interest” found in New York jewelry slaying.
Jeweler accused of murder testifies.
Gershon Goldschmidt dies.
Kendra Weinman new WJA president.
– New officers at CJA.
Jewelersalert starts collection division.
Paragon Lake now Gemvara.
Sex in the City jewelry.
Jewelry on Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover.
Ebay has diamond ring contest.
Diamond dog collar.
Wall Street Journal on diamond prices.
Reuters on Zale’s issues.
Scotsman on Sunday: Diamonds continue to sparkle.
Newsweek columnist disses flowers and diamonds.
From the Blog:
What Happened to Former De Beers Director?
Have a great weekend ..
– Cutting Remarks RSS Feed.
– Twitter feed (w/blog and news updates): robbatesjck
– Connect on linkedin.
– Email for tips, comments, press releases: rbates – at – reedbusiness.com