Zale cuts 60 jobs at headquarters.
– Announces severance payments.
– The latest speculation.
Pandora going public?
Cash 4Gold under investigation in Florida.
JA launches “sales tax fairness” campaign.
Price increase at DTC sight.
Chaim: De Beers running out of diamonds?
– Predicts end of DTC.
Louis Nchindo remains identified. Suicide suspected.
– Corruption case continues.
– Botswana newspaper: Was he murdered?
– Report: He “feared for his life.”
– Burial kept private.
Zimbabwe threatens to abandon Kimberley Process. That would probably solve the PR problem, but not much else.
– Agrees to monitor?
– Mining blocked.
– Has field invasion resumed?
– Government newspaper: Diamonds now “pawns.”
Vicktor Bout indicted, in part for diamond smuggling.
DRC may require diamonds be deoxidized.
Leviev doesn’t see recovery for polished.
Rio Tinto’s diamond operations show loss.
Angolan diamond prices rising.
Indian exports up 95%.
– Rough shortage in India.
Botswana supports De Beers debt plan.
Blue Nile “victim” of high expectations.
- Barrons: Company “no gem.”
– NPR Valentine’s Day story. Some guy says “basically” a lot.
Bidz launches members only site. (non-jewelry)
Atlanta jeweler must forfeit assets.
New York jeweler wife-slay trial continues.
JCK Industry Fund supports Diamond Development Initiative.
Joan Landis to lead Coutre.
Nicole Ritchie’s engagement ring.
From the Blog:
Have a great weekend …
Cutting Remarks RSS Feed.
– Twitter feed (w/blog and news updates): robbatesjck
– Connect on linkedin.
– Email for tips, comments, press releases: rbates – at – reedbusiness.com